16 August 2010 Personal assistants and independent living

Some of you may be thinking of moving out, going to university and leaving home. This can be a fresh new beginning, but also a challenging prospect. How will I manage? Who can I get to support me? What resources are available?

Care agencies can provide a variety of support options.

Agincare Care Services are sponsors of the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign's National Conference in Birmingham on 18th September.

They recruit, train, and manage Personal Assistants across England and Wales to support those who need it on a full time or part time basis.

They want to to make sure that younger people have the same opportunities that every other young person should expect and are working with the National Union of Students to make them aware of the support they can give to students.

For more information on personal assistants and independent living please download their brochure.



Posted by: Tanvi Vyas
Report abuse

Tags: Accessibites, East Midlands, East of England, London, North East, North West, Northern Ireland, Scotland, South East, South West, Wales, West Midlands, Yorkshire and the Humber, disability, leisure facilities, socialising, work

You must be logged in to comment. You can join now by registering your details.

<  Return to blogs