University Challenge - Evidence
Results in the area
- Nearly half of universities have bars, cafes and leisure facilities that are not fully accessible for all students with a mobility impairment.
- 60% of university inter-campus transport is inaccessible to disabled students.
- 20% of all the universities do not have entirely accessible teaching and study rooms.
- No universities in the North East offer bespoke career guidance to disabled students.
- Nearly 40% of universities do not provide a freshers' guide to the university for disabled students.